Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Postpartum Recovery/Weight Loss Tips For Cesarean Moms

Good day ladies, today I want to share with you my postpartum recovery experience on how and what I've done to make this postpartum period as smooth as possible. Having a Cesarean(C-Section) procedure is a major surgery that takes a huge toll on the body. I recently had a C-section procedure done for my third child on June 22nd. This time around I made sure I was prepared so I wouldn't go through a uncomfortable or painful experience like most post C-sections moms go through and that I have experienced myself in the past. Below are some tips that helped me along this smooth road to Postpartum recovery for the first 6 weeks.


                                               left picture at 38 weeks, right picture 5 weeks postpartum


Belly Binding
     
          So I was really skeptical about Belly Binding because for my first two C-sections I felt very
uncomfortable having my belly binded especially after surgery and feeling the pain I felt. For my previous cesareans I used the belly binder that was given at the hospital. So this time around I did research to find something that would be more comfortable and support my recovery. I came across and item called the C-Panty. Its specifically made for C-sections moms for post recovery.My experience with this so far has been wonderful. It has medium compression and is high waist to slim your post baby belly so you will not feel uncomfortable or as if you can't breath. It also has a silicone panel rite over the incision area to promote healing, reduce redness, and itching. This was the best investment ever so ladies I truly recommend buying this product. You will not be disappointed.





Breastfeeding&Pumping

             Breastfeeding is not only excellent for baby but is also excellent for mommy. Many moms may not know that Breastfeeding actually contracts the uterus, which will help your uterus shrink back to its normal size. Every time I breastfed or pumped I could feel the contractions and noticed day by day my post baby belly going down in size. Breastfeeding can also burn anywhere from 250-500 calories a day. So I encourage all my moms to breastfeed. Give your babies the natural nutrients he or she needs and also help your body heal faster. It's beneficial for both mommy and baby!




Eating Well

              The nutrients you put in your body postpartum is very important. Not only for mommy but for baby as well as for my breastfeeding mothers. If your breastfeeding your baby you need to make sure you still consume 200-300 more calories in your diet daily. Avoid Junk Food and unhealthy fats and drinks. My diet consists of Lean Proteins such as fish high in protein or lean chicken breast and lots of  veggies. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Also consume healthy fats such as avocado es, nuts and healthy carbs like sweet potatoes. You want to make sure you get all your vitamins and minerals to help aide in healing and getting your post baby weight down.



Walking

            Many underestimate the benefits of walking. It is an excellent cardio and fat burner. During the first week or two it might be difficult to move around. Remember that your just had a major surgery so you want to take it easy. When you feel like you can start walking, try walking around the house, if the weather permits you can mildly take a walk around the block or at the park or even to the store. Walking will help aide in  weight loss by burning calories, give you more energy and even speed up your metabolism. Once you get going you will notice that your body will feel and move more efficiently and you will want to stay more active. An added plus is that baby can come along with you in the stroller.


Detox

         I decided to do a detox week 4 postpartum. I did a 3 day juice cleanse detox that consisted of juicing and eating clean. This detox is perfectly safe for moms who are breastfeeding. As long as you stay hydrated and follow this detox correctly it will not affect your breast milk supply. I recommend using all organic fruits and veggies, plus adding a little lemon juice to your water for added cleansing. Please see detox information below.




Give Yourself Time To Heal

              Having a baby takes a major toll physically, mentally, and emotionally. From my past experiences its not easy having to care for a newborn and also taking care of yourself especially after such a major procedure. Other helpful tips for all my moms out there you should: always make sure you listen to your body. If you feel exhausted or in pain, take a rest. Sleep when the baby sleeps so you won't be so tired. Come up with a routine for feedings, pumping, cleaning bottles, etc. Have a support system. Let family and friends help you out. For example chores around the house, babysitting if you have other kids, also older siblings can help you out with the baby or around the house. Please note that you must always consult with your doctor before doing anything while in your postpartum recovery stage. Also remember that it took nine months for you to gain 30-50 lbs so it will take some time to loss as well. So don't become obsessed with losing weight. Also note that these tips have worked for me and that every one's body will heal differently and at a different pace. I hope these tips were helpful and I wish all my moms-to-be the best of luck and Congratulations on your new bundle of Joy!


*Please don't forget to check out our Facebook Page for daily health, hair and wellness tips* 



No comments:

Post a Comment